Black Bear

Friday, October 23, 2020

 Here are three paintings done in oil. The top one is from the rock islands in Palau, Micronesia. I did it more than a year ago from a photo at the request of our son, Ken, who served an LDS mission there years ago. The bottom two paintings were done in September-October 2020. Something to keep me occupied during the COVID pandemic. I'm a beginner painter - self-taught with some help from Bob Ross "The Joy of Painting" Youtube series. As you can tell, I haven't mastered the techniques, especially the clouds, but I'm working on it. I live in Utah Valley and have this beautiful Timpanogos Mountain to look at every day, standing at the north end of the valley. I tried to capture some of its autumn glory. In the middle painting, I've tried to capture the subtle reddish brown along the foothills and the more brilliant red maples and scrub oak. The bottom painting is the Provo River with its bright foliage of maples, aspens, and such.





No comments:

Post a Comment